Wednesday, June 9, 2010

OLW-7 Repetition


I really like this card. It's the third rendition of what was playing around in my head when I read about Simplicity's One Layer Wednesday, Repetition, LAST Wednesday. Well, I never quite got it loaded up on the blog before today's new challenge, but then, better late than never.


The gorgeous palm tree is by Rubber Soul, and the sentiment is from Amuse. I used my Marvy markers to ink the tree(s) prior to stamping. Love using those when I need to ink small spots with different colors. They stay pretty wet so I don't need to huff on them to rewet the ink before stamping. The sand/water horizon was created with chalk....remember that? When I need a light hand in doing some kind of background like this, chalk is definitely my friend. If I had tried sponging with ink or airbrushing, I am sure I would be on my 43rd rendition and I still wouldn't have it up on my blog. So, chalk it is.


Thanks for peeking!

2 comments:

Pauline said...

Two posts in one day....you have outdone yourself. Loved this one too. Thanks for the chalk tip.

Colleen said...

Oh my . . . this is gorgeous! I love, love the soft sky effect created by the chalk and the shading. I'm so glad I didn't miss this.
Hugs,
Colleen