Tuesday, July 27, 2010

OLW 13: Christmas in July

Yeah! I made it before the next challenge! Just barely!


Christmas in July. That's the One Layer Wednesday Challenge from last week over at Simplicity's blog. It came at the perfect time because while on vacation, I was mulling over what to do for Christmas cards this year. I quite like this one and it was quick to do. Quicker if I remember to use my static remover thingy before trying to heat emboss.


The sentiment is from Inkadinkadoo...I stamped it in Encore! gold pigment and used twinkle gold embossing powder from Judikins. That embossing powder is fabulous! You can't tell in the photo, but in real life....OMG!!! it sparkles like crazy! It is on my list for Stampaway. Need gallons of this stuff! The teeny little holly is from A Muse, and I used my Marvy markers to color the image on the rubber, then 'huffed' on the rubber and stamped away. This doesn't seem to give as deep and crisp an impression as I would like, especially since the sentiment is so crisp. I'll have to work on that one.

Anyway, I enjoyed playing and may slightly alter this card (after all, I just recently bought gobs of real red and old olive from SU before their price increase), by matting the image and use it for my Christmas card.


Thanks for peeking!

3 comments:

Colleen said...

OMGosh!! This is GORGEOUS and needs no altering. The card stock will keep . . .
I'm so proud of you for taking the challenge this week. I cannot/will not make a Christmas card . . . nope no way . . . ain't happenin' . . . just forget it.
Hugs,
Colleen

G Peplow said...

I love your card, it's so good:) x

Susan Raihala said...

Oh, now I gotta try the Judikins twinkle gold embossing powder. Sheesh, Carol. Was that entirely necessary? *wink*

Your card is lovely, and I think the softer look of the holly looks great with the crisp sentiment.

Have fun at Stampaway! Wish I could meet you and Colleen, but maybe next year...or whenever you head north to Marco's!