Wednesday, February 23, 2011

OLW 42: I've Got the Music in Me

I can't believe it!
I am actually posting the One Layer Wednesday challenge the same day as it was revealed!
Woo-hoo!

Jennifer Styles is hosting the challenge this week, which can be seen over at her blog, Styles Ink.  The rules for this week are as follows:

This week’s challenge is to make a one-layer musical themed card. Anything to do with music. Sheet music, musical instruments, an image of someone singing; anything that in some way relates to music.

The first three all use a music stamp from Stampendous.  The first two use a sentiment also from Stampendous.  The first two are basically the same except that one is horizontal, one is vertical.  I couldn't decide which to do so i did both.  The third uses a sentiment from a G Studio $1 set.




The next two incorporate the musical Scrapblock by Cornish Heritage Farms.  LOVE this stamp.  Used the same sentiments as above.



I've got another really fun stamp I need to use for this challenge.  Will try to do it over the weekend.

Thanks for peeking!

14 comments:

Bonnie said...

Wow, Carol, you really went to town on these! Great job!

LaNell said...

Carol, you are jamming. I like the horizontal on best on the first 3 and the vertical one from the last 2.
Cute cards.

Jennifer Styles said...

Woo! You had the music in you! You totally went to town on this one!

Absolutely lovely cards!

Fab job on the challenge and thanks for playing along with OLW42!

Tiya-B said...

love all the cards, love the play on words.

Susan said...

Girl, you've been busy! Looks like this challenge was "music to your ears!" LOL! I love them all. Now I guess I need to do a little shopping...I can definitely see me using the just a little note stamp. Awesome work, Carol!

Pauline said...

Way to go Carol! You were really fast this week. I liked all of your cards. I think my favorite is the first one. Of course you know I always like your cards.You are so talented.
Hugs
Pauline

Rosemary said...

wow... what a great set of cards!! i really like that musical stamp you used for the first 3 cards...

Colleen said...

Holy Cats! I must have been channeling you when I made my card lol Sorry, gf. I swear I didn't see your card until I was ready to post mine. It's just a wonder we didn't have the same sentiment too since I know you have the Savvy one I used on my card.

Great job on all the cards!

Hugs,
Colleen

Deborah Frings said...

Wow - obviously right up your street!! I love these cards. I think the first three are my favourites. Brilliant!

Suze Bain said...

Nice cards. Like the top ones best - very clean & simple.

Sarn said...

I'm in total agreement with Suze Bain above!
Hugs, Sandra

Heather T said...

The wavy music stamp is lovely and you have featured it beautifully, by keeping it clean and simple.

kingstonmama said...

Beautiful card. I love the crisp black and white of the music, and the red sentiment goes along perfectly.

Vicky Hayes said...

I love the top three cards - so elegant in black and white with the flash of red!