Sunday, July 31, 2011

Boy oh Boy!

Colleen and Randy's kids have been busy!

Yes, another grandchild arrived a couple weeks ago, this time a grandson.
.
And, after my horrible delay at getting a card to them on the arrival of their granddaughter, I wasn't going to miss a beat on this grandchild.   Even though I was on vacation at the time, I knew ahead of time it was going to be a boy, so I had the card made, the envelope addressed and stamped.  The moment I knew of the baby's arrival, the card went in the mail!

Without further ado, here it is:
Aren't those shoes cute??

It's a very old stamp from Stampabilities.   I used to stamp these on white paper that had a leather-ish look to it.  But, I can't find it anymore, so I bought some 'pleather' (vinyl fake leather) from JoAnn's and stamped the image with StazOn, cut out and popped them up on a Nesties diecut.   I like the pleather better than the cardstock because it provides a soft texture to the card.  Can't remember where the sentiment is from (sorry!), but the scallop border is a Fiskars punch and the button is made from a PTI button die.  The tag is a punch from Martha Stewart.   Patterned paper from my stash, cardstock from PTI also.

Congrats Colleen and Randy on grandchild #8!

Thanks for peeking!

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

Sweet baby shoes! Great idea to stamp them on "pleather"! Adorable card!

Colleen said...

Adorable card irl, too! The "pleather" shoes look so "real". Thanks gf, you are johnny on the spot this time;