Thursday, September 8, 2011

A month of male birthdays

September has lots of male birthdays for me.  Don't know why I let it fluster me so....you know...just substitute the bright pretty colors and flowers and ribbons for dull colors, anything but flowers, and twine.    Simple enough, but, I guess I just prefer the feminine versions.

Here are two cards I've sent out for male birthdays that have already come and gone.  The idea had been floating around in my head for close to a month.  Saw something similar in a magazine I recently flipped through.  Since I've been trying to organize my craft room, I've been looking through old idea magazines, so I can't say if I saw what inspired me in a new magazine or an old one.   Sorry I can't give proper credit for the inspiration.



Both of these were made with SU Kraft and Night of Navy paper, Night of Navy ink,  & Star punches.  I embossed the large navy stars on the second card with a Cuttlebug embossing folder.  The text is the Happy Birthday definition by Hero Arts and the sentiment is by Impress Rubber stamps.  Twine is from May Arts.

Thanks for peeking!

3 comments:

Pauline said...

Awesome crds. I am glad you are back. Have missed your wonderful creations. Can't wait to see your stamp room....pressure !!!!!
Hugs

Colleen said...

Well you've still got it, gf. So glad you're posting again. Beautiful job on both cards! The bottom is my favorite =D

Hugs to you!

Bonnie said...

You do a great job on masculine cards and these are no exception! Good to see you back.